Chocolatey, spicy, sweet, perfectly balanced and, of course, raw. These truffles are too good to keep on hand. I mean, go ahead and make a double batch — just don’t expect them to stay around twice as long. I had a hell of a time getting a certain someone to wait until dessert!
Based on recipe from @tofu666 pictured here.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup blueberries (can be frozen)
- 1/3 cup raisins (soaked if not very moist)
- 1 T raw, dark agave (more if mixture is too dry)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t cardamom (maybe a smidgen more)
- 1/4 t cayenne
- 1/4 t vanilla powder
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- Coconut for rolling
Grind everything except the coconut in a food processor until fully combined and smooth, then refrigerate for a few hours. With wet hands, roll into 1-1/2″ balls, then roll in coconut. Enjoy!
Photo credit: The amazing Mark Colman